It is undeniable that we tend to take care of the living room, bedroom, kitchen and open spaces such as the balcony and garden, but we ignore the bathroom.
However, this is a huge misconception because the bathroom or toilet is the space that we use every day. Moreover, you might not aware, but a nice, clean and fresh-smelling bathroom is exactly the ideal place for you to relax after a long hard working day.
So if you have not freshened your bathroom for a long time, why don’t you try giving it a new look and changing it to a small home spa for yourself? Let’s find out some bathroom decor tips to create a comfortable and impressive bathroom with us now!
Basic Rules For Bathroom Decor
We have to admit that designing a logical bathroom layout has never been an easy task as there are many must-have things in this small room such as the water heater, mirror, clothes hanger, shelves, toilet, sink, shower, and even the bathtub with some bigger bathroom.
Besides, paint colors, floor tiles, as well as bathroom accessories must match one another, must be safe to use and must meet the Feng Shui’s requirements.
You see! So many things to take care of, right? Don’t worry because we’re going to show you some guidelines and basic rules to create your dream-like bathroom!
Rule #1: Decorate And Arrange Bathroom Accessories And Facilities Safely
Bathroom is a humid place with a wet and slippery floor, and of course, multiple electric appliances. Therefore, safety rules are always prioritized when it comes to designing this room.
- Toilet: The area in front of the toilet must be cleaned and tiled with some kind of anti-slip material. Other bathroom items should keep a minimum distance of 53cm from the toilet to make sure that you will not trip, fall and get badly hurt.
- Shower: The area of 91.5×91.5 (cm2) is the minimum space for the shower to work appropriately.
- Bathtub: If you have a bathtub, you should equip it with a handrail to ensure your safety. There is a wide range of handrails with different sizes and models, so choose one that fits your bathtub dimension.
- Electricity: Install switches, light sockets, and light bulbs away from the water source at least 182cm. Moreover, GFCI is also highly recommended to use as this device that can automatically shut off the electricity when it senses something going wrong.
- Sink: You should buy a rounded washbasin to avoid dangerous and unexpected injuries, especially to protect your head and face if you fall or bump. If your sink has corners, protect yourself by purchasing corner rounding equipment
- Shelves and Hanger: Do not choose shelves over 30cm in height. Plus, you should make use of your bathroom corners to place shelves and hanger to save space.
Rule #2: A Clean And Comfortable Design
After the safety precautions, let’s move on to some tips and hacks that will make your bathroom look not only cleaned and aired but also impressive and suit your taste!
- Well lightened: A well-ventilated space with natural light can reduce the common musty smell of the bathroom’s humidity. You can also place aromatic oils extracted from oranges, lemons or lemongrass on the shelves. This can not only decorate your room but also give you a relaxing bathing space.
- Ventilation fan: Actually, it would be best if your bathroom space has windows in at least 0.3m2 to take natural light and air. However, if it doesn’t, it’s still fine as you can install a ventilation fan.
- You think that bathrooms can only be decorated with monotonous white tiles and walls? Totally wrong! Instead, you can make it look as colorful and fantasy as you want with 3D tiles, stickers, and multicolored paints.
- Install a bathtub: This is an optional suggestion as your bathroom might be too small for it. However, there are a wide range of bathtub dimensions that are designed for small bathing space nowadays.
Some Tips To Decorate Small Bathroom
The problem with a small space, especially a 2m2 bathroom is that you have to make the toilet full of equipment look modern and tidy. To do this, here are some hacks for your bathing space:
- Using metal furniture can not only make your space modern but also more spacious than using other materials.
- Handmade accessories are a trend that many families prefer to use now as they give your bathroom a simple and environmentally-friendly vibe. Moreover, they are cheap so that you can frequently change them when they are old or out of fashion without spending too much money!
- Light-colored or white tiles can make your bathroom look more spacious. However, it is easy to be dirty, so remember to clean it frequently.
- Don’t use too many colors or patterns as it just makes your small bathroom look more cramped. Try to make it as simple as possible.
- Use wall shelves instead of standing ones to save space.
- Use door hanger.
As you can see, it’s great to have such a large bathroom to freely decorate and satisfy your creativity.
However, by following those suggestions mentioned above, you still can make your private bathing space look more spacious and thus, becoming the relaxing space for you to take a shower and rest after a long hard-working day.
Just imagine you come home, immerse yourself in a hot tub and enjoy the scent of lemongrass oil after a tiring day at work. Isn’t it amazing?
Last but not least, thanks for hitting the bottom of this article. We hope that after reading this, you will have more creative ideas to renew your bathroom! In addition, if you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and visit isa.gg for more useful tips! Good luck!